At Regeine we are here to support you on your job seeker journey. Our expert consultants are available to offer tips and tricks into building the perfect CV and cover letter. We also offer a range of free resources you can download, or if you have any other questions you can give us a call and we will be happy to refer you to one of our consultants.
Some key tips for building the perfect resume/CV:
1. Don’t send out generic CV’s, make it stand out and have some personality!
2. Research the organisation first and tailor your CV and cover letter to the requirements for the role.
3. Emphasize the results from past jobs rather than focusing on responsibilities.
4. Highlight changes and growth, focus on your personal development.
5. Use keywords like: adaptable, innovative, implemented and achieved.
Examples of good CVs:
Cover Letter Tips:
1. Your cover letter is a way the employer will get their first impression of you. It should highlight how well you communicate, a brief rundown of your experience/qualifications and show some personality.
2. Tailor the cover letter to target the employer and position you are applying for.
3. Make it clear and to the point.
4. Don’t make it more than one page, unless the employer has asked otherwise.
5. Talk about what you can do for the employer.
6. Triple check your cover letter before sending for any typos or errors.
This is a good example of how to structure your cover letter:
For more information contact one of our consultants